Foodbank urgently needs food donations to support over 600 people a week who are coming into our centre.
The Foodbank is a free grocery store inside the ASRC Footscray centre that provides fresh food to people seeking asylum, many are families and children.
The Foodbank is about compassion in action! That is why 90% of all the $1 million worth of food donated each year is from people like you!
With support, the ASRC currently provides:
- groceries to over 600 people every week, many of whom are children
- support to families who have no income at all and more than 90% of all our ASRC members are food insecure
- essential items to make transition to a new life more comfortable
- food in a fair and dignified way that is healthy and culturally appropriate
All donations and sponsorships over $2 are tax deductible, if you can provide a receipt.
Donate foods and goods
Please note: thanks to the incredible generosity of the community we no longer need any winter coats and blankets. Thank you so much for your contribution!
These are some practical ways you can help support families seeking asylum, who are living below the poverty line. You can:
- Donate food and goods
- Become an ongoing food sponsor
- Order groceries online or drop them off
- Donate toilet paper via Who Gives a Crap
- Register a food drive with your school, family or community group
- Become a Foodbank Friend
We’d like to thank our partners including SecondBite, FareShare, Foodbank Victoria, OzHarvest, Tsuno, Let’s Feed, Pinchapoo, and many more, who help to get food and toiletries to us on a regular basis.